Saturday, August 15, 2009

Hoping Spanish = English!

Heeellooo! This is my first post in English. I don’t even believe it myself! Julie and Julia brought a lot to my life. This movie just made me realize that since I live in Toronto, if I want to reach more people, make a bigger impact and feel fulfilled I have to start writing in English. I can’t say it will be easy. I write what I feel and even when I’ve been living in Canada for more than 6 years, I still feel in Spanish ;) I’ve been writing as a profession for so long thus I already developed a certain style that I will have to find in this language.

The good news is that I won’t stop doing it in Spanish. I think that I can achieve a good mix with both languages plus after all the great comments I got with my last post in Spanish (Julie, Julia & Me) I don’t think I could. You gave me tons of feedback that took my energy levels to the top!
.
I’m glad that I will now be able to share my point of view with my Canadian friends and that they will have the chance to know me better.
.
Too many thoughts for a romantic comedy, huh? Well, I hope I can find my wordplay in this language. English is definitely more direct and concise while Spanish is more romantic, rich and elaborated. I think one of the few phrases that works the other way around is “I love you” which in Spanish is just as simple as “Te amo”.
.
Thanks for reading and giving me the opportunity to do what I love the most. ¡Los amo!

No comments:

Post a Comment